Connections Homeschool Program serves all Kenai Peninsula Borough homeschool families. Connections embraces parental involvement and curricular freedom, adapts and evolves to maintain accountability for student proficiency, graduation, and encourages community and global success.
ARTICLE I: PURPOSE
The major focus of the Connections Home School Advisory Council will be to serve as an advisory council to the administration. The Site Council should foster a cooperative process that allows the community, school staff and administration to assist in developing the education programs of the school and to enhance the education accountability.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
1. The Site Council shall be made up of:
A. Three Central Peninsula Parents
B. One Homer Parent
C. One Seward Parent
D. One Certified Staff Member
E. One Support Staff Member
F. Building Administrator (Chairperson)
G. One student
ARTICLE III: SITE COUNCIL RESPONSIBILITY
1. Implement the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Board policy and openly send feedback to the Board/Central Office in regards to school issues.
2. Objectively and effectively serve as a vehicle of communication for staff and community.
3. Provide an opportunity for the staff and community to be a part of the school’s decision making process.
ARCTICLE IV: ATTENDANCE & VOTING
1. Attendance is mandatory to vote.
2. Absences – Chairperson must receive notification of absence in advance.
3. A quorum (simple majority) must be present to call for a vote.
4. A proxy vote will not be accepted.
5. Site Council Chairperson can only vote in case of a tie.
ARTICLE V: MEETING DATESITIMES/AGENDA
1. The Site Council shall meet a minimum of 4 times per year.
2. When decisions are made by simple majority vote, total support will be given to the decision.
3. Agenda items must be written or submitted in advance.
4. Site Council representatives are encouraged to seek input on agenda items.
5. The Building Administrator will be responsible for the agenda and having it published.
6. The Secretary will keep minutes of each regular meeting. A copy of the minutes will be maintained in a permanent file in the school office. A copy will be sent to the
ARTICLE VI: LEADERSHIP
1. The Building Administrator will serve as the Site Council Chairperson.
2. The agenda will serve as the official records for the Site Council.
3. The Building Administrator has the right to veto or delay decisions.
ARTICLE VII: REVIEW OF SITE COUNCIL
1. Review of the Site Council will be made each spring by the site council members.