Step 4: Federal and Student Aid

Federal and State student aid is available to high school seniors entering college. You also might be able to get financial aid from your state government, your college, or a private scholarship.Research non-federal aid early (ideally, start in the spring of your junior year of high school). Be sure to meet all application deadlines!

Federal Student Aid

The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Federal Student Aid facilitates federal student aid

Federal student aid is financial assistance that’s available if you’re enrolled in an eligible program as a regular student at a college participating in the federal student aid programs.

Federal student aid covers college expenses such as:

  • Tuition and fees.
  • Room and board.
  • Books and supplies.
  • Transportation.
  • This aid can also help you pay for a computer and dependent child care expenses.More Information…

    In your Junior Year, visit to pre-determine aid you can receive.

AlaskaAdvantage Programs

The Alaska Commission on Post Secondary Education (ACPE) facilitates AlaskAdvantage Programs.
They are our state’s higher education assistance agency. They provide the lowest possible cost for financial aid loan programs and Grant programs for Alaska students
They help Alaskan students by providing the following:

  • Loan cost reduction for Alaska’s residents, and a full menu of other borrower benefits
  • Outreach programs to help Alaskans access higher education
  • Loans which are serviced at home in Alaska, by Alaskans.
  • Just one bill for all your federal and state loans
  • Outstanding borrower benefit cost reductions for all our borrowers
  • Zero-fee Alaskadvantage Stafford loanMore information..
    AlaskaAdvantage website
Author: aroady