Presentation Day – Wednesday, April 3rd, from 12pm – 2pm
This is a great opportunity for your student(s) to engage in public speaking and to celebrate their learning/accomplishments with their peers and with us!
Please RSVP through the What’s Happening!
Here are a few details to help your student prepare:
Before the big day, take time with your child to practice public speaking/listening skills:
1. Presentations should be 10 minutes or less;
2. Face the audience, not your mom or just your project. Use eye-contact
3. Speak in a loud enough voice to be heard at the back of the room;
4. Any poster needs bold, large letters to be seen by the audience. Pencils and fine line markers are invisible from more than a few feet away;
5. If notes are needed, it is better to use index cards, so you are not holding a big piece of paper in front of your face;
6. When others are speaking, sit silently, giving attention to the speaker. Save questions for after the person is done speaking.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.